Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yo Yo!

Yo, two things:

We got a new toy last week. We waited until the after-Thanksgiving and Christmas rush was over and we purchased a Nintendo Wii. This is the first gaming system I've ever owned (either as I grew up or now). It's an active system that doesn't necessarily breed laziness. Jen and I keep on commenting how we're "Wii sore" as we rub certain muscles. Abby and Leah both love it and in fact, after our Family Home Evening lesson last night, we had a family bowling tournament. Great fun! It especially looks great on our 42" LCD TV... Now we just have to protect said TV from Wii Damage (seriously, check out that link).

Speaking of Christmas, I got a new grill. It wasn't until yesterday that I actually opened the box and assembled the whole thing. I've had a used (but very much appreciated) grill for the last few years but its igniter wore out and the whole thing was getting pretty old.

This grill is bigger, has a side burner, and looks great. I've waited until now to assemble the grill because I wanted to wait until I got a cover to protect it from the elements. I don't want it wearing out earlier than it needs to! Looking forward to many grilled dinners this summer.

10 comments:

chelsey said...

Looks great! When do we get to come over for dinner??

Julee and Matt said...

Count us in for dinner! It's nice that you can BBQ now without having snow around. :)

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm jealous about both purchases. We want a Wii and a grill. Someday...

Jess and Jen said...

Adrianne, come on over any time and you can use the Wii and grill as long and as often as you like!

Seth and Natalie said...

Speaking of Wii damage, my brother was home from his mission about 4 days when he smashed his friends 42 inch flatscreen playing wii baseball. He's still paying them back.

Team Clark said...

Nice grill! You'll have to tell us all about it at Easter dinner(will you be there?) cuz we are thinking about getting one this summer as a reward for cleaning up our white trash mess in our backyard. Who knows, though - a grill may not even be incentive enough for that!

Papa Doc said...

I'd love to see a Wii -- have heard lots about them but have never seen one in action. Is it something that Ammon would ever be able to do?
Love that grill!! We'll come up sometime and let you show us your prowess on the thing.
Mom

Stephen said...

Can we see the grill next time we're in town?

Jess and Jen said...

Yes, but you have to come to town again! Get that third kid of yours a little bigger and then travel out here.

Marnie said...

OK I'm a little jealous of the Wii. I've only played it once, but it was soo fun! I'm sure you've had some great family bonding moments with that.