Monday, April 27, 2009

Changing Clarks

My brother Lance and his wife Nancy are proud parents of their first child. Then had a baby boy and named him John Gedeon Clark. We went down to Orem to visit them and meet Baby John on Saturday. I know everyone says this everytime, but "Holy cow, I can't believe how small newborn babies are! Were my kids really that small?" Lance is one proud papa and is a trooper while he wraps up finals all while dealing with the huge life-changing event they had last week. However, Lance is ... well ... special. Would you want your kids raised by this guy?? (*Disclaimer for those who read this and actually take me seriously: don't.)

Our trip to Orem was actually two fold: one was to meet Baby John, but the other was to bid farewell to my brother Dave and his wife Tana. They are moving to the DC area to pursue internships, school, and work opportunities. They make the long drive this week. The cool thing is that they will see three siblings on their cross-country drive. They're fairly lucky that three of the four siblings who have moved away from Utah live on roughly the same latitude (Iowa City, Cincinnati, and Dayton, Ohio). The other lives in Columbia, SC, so they're the odd ones out on this trip. Tana's parents live in Herndon and will act as hosts for a time until Dave and Tana get settled.


There are a lot of changes in the Clark family lately with people moving, people getting married, and people having kids. I guess when there are 11 kids in one family, there's never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Look at those three little mothers sitting on the couch with the new cousin! I think they need a new little brother or sister. HA! I guess Leah won the fight over who got to hold baby John? I can see the other two just waiting to pounce. =)

The Duke said...

Your girls are gorgeous - of course - look who their mother is! And their dad, too, I guess.
:)
There's nothing like a tiny baby to bring a smile to someone's face.
I hate the fact that my kids are all moving away. On the other hand, I'm always very happy to share your lives with my friends that want to know where you all are.
It is a busy family all the time.
I'm glad that Tana and David will be with her family during this difficult time with Taylor. Who else but this nurse could take such good care of her brother?!
We sure do love all you guys.
Mom